Wednesday, February 29, 2012

A Gift brought our family 140 years of happiness

A GIFT brought our family joy more than 140 years

by Larose Sample McCluskey on Wednesday, February 29, 2012 at 7:25am
JN Loughborough was the evangelist who told the good news of Bible truth to my great grandfather and grandparent William Sample. He was discouraged and left the low paying work of preaching and was carpentering when a little woman was sent by the Lord to get him back to work. This happened in 1856 at Christmas time. When you read this story of Ellen White's sacrifice to travel in an open sleigh 200 miles to find the preacher and deliver the same words as God commanded her to speak, you will see how serious is the entrusted work to the preacher who is called.


         God also called me and I see it as a serious responsibility to share the light of truth.

Someone gave to JNLoughborough so he could hold meetings and my great grandfather and my grandfather could join the Advent movement in the 1800's...and the Sample family has been blessed in this gift thousands of times over.  JN Loughborough was discouraged for awhile and was trying to raise funds by working. He was told the same thing said to Elijah, "What doest thou here". In faith he moved forward. God provided as he emptied his hands. His hands were refilled when his hands were empty. It is God's work. I am so thankful someone gave so I could know these grand truths and choose to keep all the commandments and now preach the 3 Angels messages too.
   Ellen traveled over 200 miles in the dead of winter over the Mississippi River when a foot of water was breaking the ice. The horses made it at the surprise of people watching. The urgency of God's request could not wait. She called JN Loughborough down from where he was building and asked him 3X "What Doest Thou Here Elijah" and he was ashamed.
  He wanted to do what God had asked and after some hours of meetings they were on their way to do evangelism as God requested.
The notes grandpa took as he listened to Ellen White and the EGW books he helped to bind also made its impact. God multiplies such gifts. And we have been blessed from the sacrifices of the evangelist Loughborough to do the work in his tent meetings without modern equipment. I am under obligation to return such a gift by sacrificing my own time and funds to make it possible for thousands more to have this incredible hope.

If anyone has any Ellen White books that are extra and not in use, I can put them to use for people are on their knees after my meetings praying for one of these books. I am going very soon. (2 weeks) and again in 5 weeks to another spot where they are praying for these books. You can mail them to me or give to one of my children and they will give to me.
God multiplies what is in my hands while I am giving. Audio Bibles have multiplied in my hands. Medical supplies and glasses have multiplied. When my hands are empty God refills them. The millions I have seen and walked with here, are a blur in my memory but they are gettting God's blessing and will meet up in heaven and thank me. (When I get to heaven) Perhaps I can find the one(s) who gave to JN Loughborough and those who worked with him and thank them all for the joy of knowing Jesus my whole life.

"Only by imparting God's gifts in the present life could they provide for eternity. {COL 369.5}

Though I am just a pilgrim on this earth, God has provided what I need. I do not need a mansion here for it would be taken from me by violent hands or burned. My home is in heaven. My best friends are there. " With the word of God in his hands, every human being, wherever his lot in life may be cast, may have such companionship as he shall choose. In its pages he may hold converse with the noblest and best of the human race, and may listen to the voice of the Eternal as He speaks with men. . . . He may dwell in this world in the atmosphere of heaven, imparting to earth's sorrowing and tempted ones thoughts of hope and longings for holiness; . . . like him of old who walked with God, drawing nearer and nearer the threshold of the eternal world, until the portals shall open, and he shall enter there. He will find himself no stranger. The voices that will greet him are the voices of the holy ones, who, unseen, were on earth his companions--voices that here he learned to distinguish and to love. He who through the word of God has lived in fellowship with heaven, will find himself at home in heaven's companionship. {CC 31.5}
GOD CALLED ME TO PREACH--nights in a row, the call came as I was trying to sleep. I argued but He reminded me of Jonah. I am thankul, so thankful, I have obeyed!
He even stood above my present home after I had fasted and prayed for directives for 3 days. God assured me He was leading me. Just like it promises in Isaiah 4: 5 & 6 and Patriarchs and Prophets 283. God is continuing to lead. He tells me when to go and come home. Any who fight it are not dealing with me but ONE who is coming soon. These are urgent times.
THANKS TO ALL WHO ARE GIVING AND PRAYING. God will multiply that gift as He has for my own family over 140 years. It is an investment that no accountant can calculate. God's presence will be about your dwelling and blessing so you can keep on giving.
My HOME! :) There are ever-flowing streams, clear as crystal, and beside them waving trees cast their shadows upon the paths prepared for the ransomed of the Lord. There the wide-spreading plains swell into hills of beauty, and the mountains of God rear their lofty summits. On those peaceful plains, beside those living streams, God's people, so long pilgrims and wanderers, shall find a home. {SJ 184.9} Story of Jesus---I am just a pilgrim here! My calling is clear. AND with God's help!!! This emergency and urgent 3 Angels message will continue even when Satan tries all he can do to stop it. More stories are on blog site:  followthelambseminars.blogspot.com      JESUS IS COMING SOON
Want to give so others can rejoice in the light? Find the button to click on on the blog: followthelambseminars.blogspot.com.
rainbow over my home just before the pillar of cloud was visible.
Pillar of cloud assurance My God is with me. He Leadeth Me
Pillar
Impressive is the creature God created. I took this in Kenya and marveled at its power and strength and found the Bible talks about God's power as much greater. Who would dare to fight HIM?

No comments:

Post a Comment